Monday, June 11, 2012

Now that the school term is winding down, my Girls Club is over til Mid July. Since that was my biggest project, it has been pretty slow going in Bundu. I'm using the most of my extra time to write my Community Needs Assessment, basically a document that tries to synthesize everything I know about the town. It is "due" at the end of the week (In South Africa, both due dates and stop signs are just suggestions).  I've been making progress and might actually get it done before the real due date, but I think if I finish it by IST, I will be good.

In approximately 12 days, IST starts. IST is a ten day conference in which we present our CNAs, receive presentations from several outside organizations as well as intra peace corps organizations, and what I am most excited about, A three day workshop with the CDC (Centers for Disease Control). The CDC workshops were my favorite part of PST and I am excited to have more of them.

But mostly I'm excited to see my fellow SA25s! I've managed to see a couple in my travels to Pretoria and am luckily close enough to Alyssa to see her about every other weekend. I'm also lucky to have a cluster of 22s right near me and a cluster of 24s within a couple khumbi rides. However, I spent two months with my fellow 25sw, along with a lot of blood sweat and tears. I am very excited to see their smiling faces and talk with them about their stories. IST ends July 3rd, so many of us are sticking around in Pretoria afterwards to celebrate the fourth. IST plus extra vacation time should be about almost two-three weeks straight out of site, which will definitely be fun, but I'm going to miss Bundu while I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment