Monday, July 8, 2013

After  a truly epic vacation with my family (lions! leopards! Victoria Falls) I headed back to the village. And was greeted by the usual horde of children begging me to pick them up and give them candy. I agreed to the first one and not the second (I seriously can't buy candy anymore without them stealing it, so I've stopped buying candy I like, or just hiding it from the kids) And then I came to realization, that even after a vacation with all the wonders of the first world, I missed this more.

You go through stages in Peace Corps. Now I am at the stage where I truly feel at home here (I keep on saying this, but I really feel more at home everyday) and I'm flying. My projects are starting to go go go, I feel decently accomplished. Some days I never want to leave.

Want to help? check out this link! https://donate.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=donate.contribute.projDetail&projdesc=13-674-004

However, I have around 7.5 months left. That sounds like a long time, but its close enough so I can see it. The class that came before me is starting to leave, people have started asking me what I'm going to do after peace corps (answer is still forming)...and I'm starting to think about the future.

But right now, my eleven month old cousin smiled at me for the first time! and spent the whole morning smiling at me and playing. She used to cry when she saw me.

No comments:

Post a Comment